- Is your toddler controlling your day/life by their demands on your time?
- Are you finding parenting your toddler one of the hardest things you have ever done?
- Would you like to enjoy parenting your toddler once again?
I am Triple P trained and have studied behaviour management in my Psychology Degree.
I have been working on behaviour issues with toddlers and providing families with workable solutions for the past thirteen years.
You will find my success rate speaks for itself.
Please visit my testimonials page.
- Is your little angel suddenly showing free will and giving you the run-around?
- Are visits outside of the home turning into a nightmare?
Toddlers are experiencing independent thinking and a sense of free will for the first time in their lives. This exploration often clashes directly with their parent’s needs and desires and whoosh they have lit the tinderbox.
This stage needs sensitive and firm management to avoid a rapid escalation.
I can help you communicate with your toddler to avoid family conflict and regain a sense of control. Toddlers are often confused and have difficulty expressing their needs. They often resort to tantrums as a way of making you – the parent – stop and listen.
As parents we pay attention to ‘bad’ behaviour and tend to ignore ‘good’ behaviour and so the problem escalates.
My methods are grounded in attachment parenting and psychological theory.
- How often have you prepared a lovely meal for your toddler only to have it rejected?
- Have you resorted to making your toddler several meals in the hope he/she will eat at least some of one of them?
Toddlers know the effect rejecting food has on a loving parent, and so the cycle begins and before long family mealtimes are a battleground.
Often control issues are at the centre of this issue.
I can help you look at the problem and after observing a typical mealtime we can devise a workable strategy for solving this sensitive issue.
- Has toilet training become a nightmare?
- Are you stuck at home because your toddler has toilet ‘issues’?
- Have you given in and resorted to going back to the use of nappies?
Toilet training is challenging and often has a several hiccups. Most of the time the parent is able to overcome these fairly quickly.
There is the occasional situation where toilet training becomes a nightmare and the parent feels stuck. The toddler feels frightened and can regress easily. I have come across many of these entrenched behaviours and welcome a chance to help you resolve it.
Using psychological theory I can provide, you, the parent with a workable plan and help you to regain control of the situation. Within a couple of weeks the problem should be diminished and resolving.
Toddlers are experiencing rapid growth and development. Often their psychological processes are struggling to make sense of their new world. Sleep problems can suddenly occur when none have arisen before.
The parent is stressed and sleep deprived and the effects on the family unit are not to be underestimated. Sleep and its management is often confusing and stressful.
I can look at your individual family issue with your toddler/child and we can devise a workable plan to bring this issue to resolution and help your family find peace once again.
I utilise proven psychological theory to help you and your child. It is firmly based in attachment parenting.